(08) 6102 3733
Level 3, 1 Campbell St, West Perth, WA 6005

Frequently Asked Questions


Curious about FIFO? Unsure what tickets you’ll need?
We’ve listed some helpful FAQ’s to get you ready for your new career opportunity.

Have another question?

Contact us today with your query by phoning (08) 6102 3733 or email admin@warrikal.com.au

What tickets do I need?

As a minimum requirement, all site-based personnel onboarded with Warrikal are required to hold Working at Heights and Confined Space qualifications undertaken within the past two years.

As a tradesman, you will be required to hold the relevant Australian recognised trade certificate. For the positions that are involved in high risk work activities such as riggers, scaffolders and crane operators, you will be required to hold a valid high-risk work licence, together with a verification of competency (VOC) obtained from a registered training provider.

Do I have to pay for my site inductions?

This will depend on which site you are going to. The majority of the sites we work on do not require you to pay for site inductions.

Do I need to supply my own tools?

Warrikal has a tool container on each site we have a presence on, so all tooling will be provided for you.  You are permitted to bring some personal tooling to site, but if you are flying in there will be weight restrictions on your luggage, so bear this in mind when deciding what tools to bring with you. Members of the scaffolding team are asked to bring their tool belts.

What does FIFO mean?

FIFO stands for fly-in fly-out. Employees are flown into the remote work site via chartered or commercial aircraft for the duration of the project or shutdown and then flown out to return home once the project has been completed.

Will I be drug and alcohol tested?

Each time you fly to site with Warrikal you will be required to complete a drug and alcohol screening within 72 hours prior to your flight.  If you are currently on any medication this will need to be declared at application stage, and prior to any drug and alcohol test.